How to Navigate the World Of Strapping Supplies
Products of varying sizes, shapes and weight have to be safely secured whilst they are being transported.
Apart from creating a big mess and endangering other road uses, there are also large fines and other penalites that apply for unsecured loads.
Gateway Packaging offers a number of differnet brand options within the strapping market.
We stock and supply both Tenso and De Lama strapping products and accessories.
The Tenso range of strapping products and accessories provides a solution for all your load securement requirements!
Secure everything from bricks to bamboo, from timber to trusses and everything in between.
Why Use Strapping?
Strapping is used to ensure that a load is secured during transport.
It is widely used due to its strength and minimal volume required to complete the job, which is good for both your budget and the environment.
How To Choose The Correct Strapping
There are many different varieties and types of strapping.
The Tenso range covers:
- Composite Strapping
- Polyester PET Strapping
- Steel Strapping
- Poly-Woven Strapping
- Polypropylene Strapping
- Baling and lashing Strappings
- GreenWave PET Strapping (exclusive to Australia)
There are several factors to consider when choosing the right strapping product for the job.
Here is a list of items that you need to consider:
- the specified tensile breaking strength. (Will the strapping be strong ensure to hold the load?)
- the possibility of the load changing volume during transport due to load settlement. (compensated for by the elasticity of the strapping material)
- the suitablity of the strapping to the load that you are securing (you would not use steel strapping for smaller, soft loads)
We have listed a few senerios below to help clarify things a little further.
- You may have a requirement to secure odd shapes, machinery or heavy duty loads which may have a tendency to creep during transport...
Suitable strapping to use: Steel Strapping
2. Perhap you have a smaller package that requires a lighter duty strap to ensure safe arrival of your packaged goods without damaging the materials...
Suitable strapping to use: Polypropylene Strapping
3. You may have sensitive surfaced products that require the strength of steel strapping but also need protection from scratching and damage...
Suitable strapping to use: Composite Strapping
4. If you require heavy duty loads to be strapped which will be exposed to the environment or moisture and you want to prevent rust occuring...
Suitable strapping to use: Composite Strapping
Greenwave PET Strapping
It is boosts an innovative product technique allowing for a reduction in the grammage (g/mt) with almost no loss of tensile strength.
Basically, this means that the reduction of grams per metre of the strapping results in a lower volume product. This aids our contribution to the protection of the environment through waste minimisation.
There are several quality aspects of the GreenWave PET Strapping that make it a top choice!
- It’s environmentally friendly
- The strap end is secured in a bag inside the roll core
- The strapping roll is foiled to prevent unintentional uncoiling
- Includes revolutionary embossing to the strap to enhance joint strength
This leads us to strapping accessories. There are a number of different ways that strapping can be secured and different tools will be needed.
Our Tenso Strapping also comes with it's own range of Tenso Strapping Accessories.
- Strapping accessories (both manual and battery powered tensioners)
- Seals and buckles
- Cable Ties and twist ties
- Edge Protectors
- Strapping Sealers
- Strapping Starter Kits
Mobile dispenser's are a type of cart that make strapping rolls easy to manoeuvre and come with handy tool compartment.
Seals and Buckles
Heavy duty buckles are used for poly-woven strapping. The buckles can be re-tensioned to ensure maximum tension for loads during transit.
Heavy duty seals are used with polypropylene strapping and tensioned using manual strapping tools.
There are different types of edge protectors ranging from white cardboard to black plastic and metal. They are ideal for creating a stiff edge, adding stability to your product and for protecting the load from the strapping.
There are couple of options when it comes to strapping tensioners, namely manual or battery powered.
Below is an example of a manual stapping tensioner.
See the section below for more on battery powered tensioners.
Strapping Starter Kit
We offer a Strapping Starter Kit as an initial purchase if you are new to the world of strapping or only have a small number of jobs to complete. The kit has everything you need to get started and at a discounted bundle rate.
Battery Powered Strapping Tools
The Tenso Battery Powered Strapping Tools will save you hours of precious time, allow you to operate anywhere and increase your overall productivity.
Watch this short demonstration video to see just how simple and time saving they can be!
You can see individual product specifications and also place orders online at www.gatewaypackaging.com.au
Have A Question?
If you have a question, we would like to answer it for you as quickly as possible!
The fastest way to talk with us directly is via our Live Chat!
Otherwise, you are welcome to call our Sales Hotline 8AM-5PM business days on 1300 003 310.